Saturday, May 3, 2008

Exams Fever

As stated in my title, it's the exam period! I know I should not be blogging at this feverish moment but I just can't help it. I know you guys are mugging overnight just for this stupid exams. and some other stuffs. This post will be compressed to only the significant happenings. So no more mundane stuffs in this post - Yeahhh! Let's not waste any more time and get on with the happenings.

Week 1 (21st April to 27th April)

Buger decided to appoint me as her personal car consultant! She asked me if I could recommend any car for her. Preferably a cheap and good one. I was very tempted to spurt out the stupid China car called Chery QQ. But since Buger is not a bad teacher, I decided to spare her the agony and told her she could get a Toyota Vios. It's less than her budget of $60k and it's a Toyota! I went home to find out that a Mazda 2, which won the "Car Of The Year Award 2007" and it also happens to be my dad's car is also priced under $60k! I should have recommended that to her. But whatever, I saw her arriving in school the next day with a new, but crappy Korean made Hyundai Verna. I wondered why did she ask me to recommend a car to her if she already has a new car? Oh ya, I forgot, it's Korean made and no matter how new the car is, it's still crappy. No wonder she asked, I think it is because she could not stand the lousy car she is driving now!



Breaking News! "Loo is on the Loose!"

Loo: "If you give away my whereabouts, you shall die!"

Keith and Hari tried to report to the Police about the whereabouts of Loo but was strangled to death before the Police knew anything.
At hawker, Just and Cyl3x were using ice cubes to hit Aldy when Cyl3x 'accidentally' hit another old uncle with the ice cube! I was running away from the scene of the crime with Yagesh as we sensed that World War 3 could be round the corner. The uncle face was as black as Seetah and he looked like he wanted to fight Cyl3x. So funny lor that incident.

And for the record, Cyl3x got emo! Yes! EMO! We called him fat fuck because Justina linked him in her blog as fat fuck. He was obviously not happy about it and went completely emo, hitting me and Haikal in the process.

On Thursday, it was the English and Chinese Composition paper. English was a partial disaster because I don't remember the format for information sheet. But on bright side, one of the best questions came out for Compo. The question is : "What do you think of your country's public transport system" Yeahhh! Cars and transport topic, how can I not choose it? I explained about the different form of public transport in S'pore and went into detail for Bus, MRT and Taxis. Chinese was a disaster because my e-dictionary spoiled because I kept the battery in it for way too long. The batt DISINTEGRATED inside the e-dict. What the hell, so I definitely not do well there. The question was about 2 tourists leaving their things in a taxi! Haha, something to do with transport again! So fun.

After exam, Me, together with Helmi, Firdaus Daud, Danial, Aishah, Ryan, Xiao Dan went to 'de stress'. We went to this playground at the nearby Commonwealth multi storey car park. The merry-go-round so fun! My head was really spinning after spending an hour there. Here are some pictures!

Danial in the mini merry-go-round
Look at her hair! Scary!

No comments, the picture speaks for itself :)

Smelly feet

All of us taking memorable shots of the large merry-go-round

On Friday, I went to the merry-go-round AGAIN! This time, with Justina, Jummy, Varun and Cyl3x. I survived the longest on the big merry-go-round thus earning me the title of the "Merry-go-round Champion" What a corny title =.="

My god! How did he fit in the bucket in the first place! Now, the big question is: Can he get out? :)
Jummy obviously enjoying herselfVarun! What's wrong with you? You must have consumed laughing cookies!
Week 2 (28 April to 04 May)

First things first, let me congratulate Ferrari on their 1st and 2nd finish at Alonso's home track at Barcelona, Catalunya. Ferrari is definitely on the right track to win the World Championship. In other exciting news, Alonso blew his engine in front of his home fans! What utter embarrassment! But sadly, a major accident happened. Hekki Kovalanien was travelling at 240Km/h when his tyre exploded and he was sent skipping through the gravel and crashed head first into the tyre barriers. The impact was so great that the tyre barriers, which are anchored down to the ground lifted and buried Hekki's car!

The deceleration force was 26Gs!! That is 26 times of his body weight! Can you imagine the immense force he went through? He took 0.1sec to decelerate from 240km/h to 0km/h! It takes a blink of an eye for all that to happen. You must be thinking now that he must be dead or something, or he must have multiple broken limbs at best. Guess what? He sustained NO injuries except for a slight concussion as his helmet hit the steering wheel. The great force of crash disintegrated the front wing into micro size pieces which could not be found. I take my hats off to F1 current safety standards. If this accident was to happen 10 years ago, Hekki will definitely not be alive right now.

Hekki being taken out of the wreck on a stretcher.

Hekki being loaded on the helicopter which will send him to the nearby hospital
What's left on the wrecked car
Toyota MR-S, note the white Daihatsu Coopen ("shoe car") in the background.

Lotus Elise at my estate, he changed his number plate to Euro Style!

So Tuesday was Ben and Jerry's free cone day! Free quality ice creams! As expected of Singaporeans, there was a long queue waiting for us when we got to Vivo. But the queue was moving at a surprisingly quick pace. The estimated 200m queue was done with within 15mins! Good job Ben and Jerry on the efficient management of queues.

Start of the queue. It is at the open air playground! Yes, the queue stretched all the way outside! Kiasu S'poreans (pot calling the kettle black =.=")


In the shopping mall, U-Turning

Just a 'few' more people left for our turn

Look! A moo moo cow! So cute!

This picture is specially taken to spite those of you who did not want to tag along with us. The ice cream contains lots of chocolates and nuts! Yummmmyyy! :)So after that I went to Best Denki to play the Gran Turismo 5 racing game with the G25. So fun! There was the new Mitsubishi Evo 10. Xavier and gang joined us later and amongst all of us who played the Gran Turismo, I was the best driver :) and Cyl3x, with his feminine driving skills was the worst. And I also found out, your star sign, to a large extent correctly predicts if you are a good driver or not. Let's see which category you fall under.

Skills of a driver according to your star sign ~ From BEST to WORST ~

Best: 1; Capricon (22 Dec - 19 Jan)
2; Scorpio (23 Oct - 21 Nov) -> Me!
3; Sagittarius (22 Nov - 21 Dec)
4; Libra (23 Sep - 22 Oct)
5; Leo (23 July - 22 Aug)
6; Aries (21 Mar - 10 Apr)
7; Aquarius (20 Jan - 18 Feb)
8; Cancer (22 June - 22 Jul)
9; Virgo (23 Aug - 22 Sep)
10; Pieces (19 Feb - 20 Mar)
11; Tarus (20 Apr - 20 May)
Worst: 12; Gemini (21 May - 21 June)

I hope you fall in the top 5 list of best drivers. As for me, I am a Scorpio which makes me the 2nd best driver :) Michael Schumacher, the F1 7 Times World Champion is obviously the best driver and this list further proves that he is the best driver. He is a Capricon (DOB: 3rd Jan) and he is ranked the best driver. I know I cannot be on the same ranks as Schumacher but knowing I am only second to him makes me feel good! But if you are on the other extreme end of the scale, don't be demoralised, (especially if you are a Gemini or a Tarus) because I'm always avaliable when you need help! Remember though, you may be a Gemini and still be a great driver, this list may not be entirely true! With that, let's move back to school.

Yan Xun trying to float in mid air
Yan Xun bowing to me!

Cyl3x finally met his match! My god! Look where Cyl3x's legs are located at? Ouch!


Fire! Mr Wong set the floor alight with the nice smelling petrol

Open!

I was quite hot tempered on Wednesday because of several reasons. So if I vented my anger on you guys that day, sorry! Anyway, Wednesday's oral was quite fun. Mr Siah tested me. And guess what was the conversation about? Transport! Wow! So many transport questions. SS was on Thursday and yet again, the SBQ was about ERP and how it affects the economy. I really love all the transport questions. 4 exam in a row and they all involved transport!

Diva! Cyl3x, what do you think of this? B'dae present?

I hope you guys are studying for you mid year right now. Yo must have noticed my new banner at the top of my blog. I don't know how I got it but I was digging through my files when I spotted this picture. It really fits the blog's theme and the size of the picture is just nice! Sorry if you find that my sentences linkgage are not very good this time round, it was quite a rushed job and did not bother to check through. But I promise there will be less sloppy work next time ok? :) So, my next post will be after the exams. I know I'm naggy, but I will say it again - Study Hard!